Sign Online offers the flexibility of online learning. You can enrol at any time, study at your own pace via videos and quizzes, and can discuss you learning with other students via the online forum. Join in the unique and fun experience of learning to communicate visually with Auslan (Australian sign language), the native language of the Australian Deaf community.
By the end of Sign Online, you will be able to:
- Greet others and introduce yourself
- Give and request personal details such as phone numbers and addresses
- Count in Auslan
- Fingerspell in Auslan
- Ask and answer simple questions (using “who”, “what”, “when”, “where”, etc.)
- Communicate practical vocabulary including colours, days of the week and family
- Use visual-gestural communication strategies
- Identify the Deaf Community and explain effective ways of communicating with deaf people
1. Simply enrol and pay online, and your login details will be emailed to you. Please contact us if you do not receive an email within 24 hours of enrolling.
2. Once enrolled, you will have 8 weeks to complete the 14 hours of course content.
3. If you successfully complete all the quizzes, you will receive an electronic Statement of Participation.
By enrolling in a course, you agree to our enrolment conditions. There is no concession rate available for Sign Online. For students younger than 16 years, we recommend a parent or guardian supervise their child’s learning.
When enrolling, please double check your email address is entered correctly. Email is the primary means by which we will contact you about your course. Please monitor your junk folder for emails from the Deaf Society and if you do not receive an email about your course by at least the day before the scheduled start date, please contact us. You must use separate email address for each registration.
|Sign Online (equivalent to 14 hours of study)||ONLINE||27/09/2021 - 21/11/2021||$165.00|