Deaf Awareness Training (DAT) Online offers the flexibility of self-directed online learning. You can enrol at any time, study at your own pace via videos, pictures and quizzes. DAT Online will give you a basic understanding of what it means to be deaf.
- Appropriate terminology to use and some features of sign language
- Three very different deaf people and their experiences of growing up and being in the community
- Five different communication tips for use when you meet deaf or hard of hearing people
- What an accessible workplace looks like
- The adjustments that can be made in a family where there is a deaf child
- What assistive technology is available for deaf and hard of hearing people
- Some famous deaf and hard of hearing people and their successes
You can enrol and commence DAT Online any time!
1. Simply enrol and pay online, and your login details will be emailed to you. Please contact us if you do not receive an email within 24 hours of enrolling.
2. Once enrolled, you will have 4 weeks to complete the 3 hours of course content.
By enrolling in a course, you agree to our enrolment conditions. There is no concession rate available for DAT Online.
If you are younger than 16 years, we recommend a parent or guardian support your learning.
This course can be funded using your NDIS plan. All you need to do is fill out this form and we will send you a service agreement to sign. The NDIS line item number this will be charged against is 03_089_0121_1_1
|DATONLINE||ONLINE||27/09/2021 - 24/10/2021||$99.00|