Certificate II in Auslan
OVERVIEWPSP20218 Certificate II in Auslan offers a basic introduction to signing in Auslan and is consistent with the Certificate II level of the Australian Qualifications Framework.
The course is designed to;
- Develop the knowledge and skills required to communicate in Auslan on familiar and routine matters, in personal, social, employment and learning contexts.
- Develop the knowledge and skills required to identify the fundamental and major differences between Auslan and English structure.
- Develop the knowledge and skills to follow a range of Deaf protocols and customs to interact with the Deaf community in a culturally appropriate and sensitive way.
- Develop knowledge about the major features of the Deaf community and its culture and values, especially the value of signed languages. This knowledge underpins appropriate interactions with the Deaf community when conversing in Auslan.
KEY FEATURESClasses are offered in a blended model of teaching with a combination of face to face and online learning, home study and community contact. Face to face sessions are timetabled in the Course Guide, however outside this time, students are expected to complete approximately 16 hours of online learning, home study and community contact per week.
Students will attend Auslan Only Weekends and other events aimed at Certificate II level. These events will have members from the Deaf community and you will be encouraged to turn “off” your voice.
There are no prerequisites for this course, however Sign Language 1 and/or 2 and/or Sign Online is recommended.
The Deaf Society will deliver PSP20218 Certificate II in Auslan as units of competency – there are a total of three units you will need to complete in order to attain your Certificate.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
Converse in Auslan at a basic user level
Face to Face Classroom
Compare the fundamental differences between Auslan and English structure
Source information on Deaf culture, and communicate according to Deaf protocol
Face to Face Classroom
Enrolments for Semester 1 2019 now open
LOCATIONSSydney - FULL
Parramatta - FULL
Newcastle - FULL
Gosford - FULL
Wollongong - FULL
Canberra - FULL
2019 Course Guide
See below for course guide.
NSW - $0. This training is subsidised by the NSW Government. To check your eligibility, visit the Smart and Skilled Page.
Supported through WorkReady by the Government of South Australia
ENROLMENT REQUIREMENTSPlease note, enrolment applications must be completed in full with the required evidence attached, signed, dated, and forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful applications will be placed in classes in the order they are received. Partial or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
If your application is accepted, you must be available to complete online orientation training on Monday, 4th February 2019.
NSW/ACT Applications close on Friday, 25 January 2019 at 5pm.
SA Applications close on Thursday, 31 January 2019 at 12pm.
For the best chance of securing a position, we recommend you have the following documentation prepared;
Proof of ID signed by a Justice of the Peace in the form of one of the following:
- Australian or New Zealand Birth Certificate
- Australian or New Zealand Passport
- Green Medicare card
- Naturalisation Certificate
- Humanitarian VISA
- Certificate of Evidence of Resident Status (Permanent Resident)
- Current driver’s license
- Health Care card or Pension card
- Proof of Age card
- Letter or email form employer to show the street address where you are working
- Utilities account relating to your address within the last 3 months of rental document
- Disability Support Pension card
- Letter form a medical practitioner
- Letter from appropriate government agency
- Letter from TAFE NSW Teacher/Consultant for students with a disability
- Letter from special education coordinator
- Letter from specialised allied health professional
Finally, before committing to one of our courses, please read the Student Handbook which outlines our policies, procedures and your responsibilities as a student.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 1800 893 855.